Why is it so hard to share with people that which is most precious to
us – our faith? And why is it so easy to talk with about sports or the
weather with almost anyone we meet? These questions have bothered me
for years – because it’s hard for me too….
Here are some reasons why I think we find it difficult to share what’s
most important to us – next week, I share what we can do about it.
It’s hard to talk about God with our neighbors and friends because:
1. It is such a serious topic, we don’t want to mess it up.
2. We’ve tried it, and it didn’t “work” so we don’t want to go
3. Things of faith are not what we’re thinking about every
moment, so it’s not what comes out of our mouths most naturally.
4. We haven’t shared Jesus with people very much and so we just
don’t know what to say.
5. We’ve got used to letting the “professionals” do that. Our
pastor or our church talks about God, the Bible and faith so we don’t
There are other reasons, but let’s discuss these. Think about it. Add
to the list. And we’ll talk more next week.